Show #449 - Law
Believers can find peace and strength in the Messiah through grace, faith, and scripture alone, and should focus on the centrality of Yeshua for salvation and a one Torah hermeneutic in the Messianic Judaism and Hebrew Roots movements.
- 00:00 Believers find peace and strength in the Messiah through grace, faith, and scripture alone.
- 04:07 Messiah Matters emphasizes effective communication, upcoming events, Jewish scribal art, and the importance of subscribing to their YouTube channel.
- 13:08 Historians debate interpretation of rabbinic texts, but their materialist perspective may not edify faith; Jesus followed kosher laws and skepticism towards late recognition, discussion of Talmud’s relationship to gospel, and need to prove ancient tradition.
- 18:45 Paul takes Timothy through a ritual of conversion for credibility, but the Jerusalem Council rejects the idea that Gentiles need to convert, emphasizing trust in God’s work in individuals’ hearts.
- 28:27 Paul’s circumcision of Timothy was not a ritual of conversion, but a statement of shame to the Jewish men in Timothy’s community for socially ostracizing him due to his Greek father, and circumcision does not give special status with God.
- 34:15 The Torah is relevant today, the Hebrew Roots movement is criticized, and there is a focus on the centrality of Yeshua for salvation and a one Torah hermeneutic in the Messianic Judaism and Hebrew Roots movements.
- 39:59 Consider staying in your current church while living out the Torah, find like-minded individuals for fellowship, and pray for support in observing Shabbat.
- 44:57 The speaker addresses the historical origins of oral Torah, the distinction between man-made and God-given laws, and the importance of understanding the Torah and the prophets in relation to the shama and love your neighbor.